HOPE is an NGO working towards Community Development through community participation. HOPE believes not in giving, but in sharing problems and solutions.
HOPE is presently addressing the following issues in the community:
- Community development and organization into CBO’s.
- Community motivation of provision of primary health care services.
- Awareness raising in community through literacy programmes.
- Income generation activities.
- Environmental sanitation.
- Promotion of hygienic health practices.
- The vision of HOPE is to provide services to the community, where there is most need and to make the development programmes sustainable through community ownership. Male CBOs and women activist groups in the community sustain the educational and health awareness programmes. In Dadu and Muzaffarabad, HOPE works in coordination with affected communities to provide nutrition support.
- Hand Pumps are installed with community participation.
- Midwives are trained from the community.
- Home schools established with involvement of community girls.
- Adult literacy classes in community.
- Health awareness programmes in community.
- Community ownership of development programmes.
- Women empowerment of community women.